4.29.2019

The fifth week in Aprils colors

I have to tell you I was just a tad nervous to say Yes, to Mary when she asked me if I would play along this month as one of the guest sample makers for the Color Combo team. I tend to avoid looking at this particular challenge as I find it to be the hardest one to not squeak in just one more color or 10. and the idea is to use the ones in the grouping. That, and I do not own all the Stampin' Up colors so, its a guessing game for me. the Good news is I think that this went well for me and I am happy with all the cards I have done this month for them. I think that they are OK with what I did too everyone has been really nice about this so, that was a Whew! what a relief thing :) Yes, over-thinking things tends to make my brain tired.

 This last weeks combo from Barbara is  Calypso Coral, Peek a boo peach & old olive. of which I own old olive as a cardstock and peach as a marker.
and so, using some print screens of the colors I came up with using Tombo #076 and Distress Barn door mixed with peek a boo peach markers for this bloom.
and that printed paper, it is one of the first and only solid color collections of Prints from SU I ever bought, and I was pretty surprised to see it in the hanging file with the cardstock when I went looking but, I thought the squiggly grid kind of mimicked the sketchy look to the stems on this Oh, So Lovely poppy stamp. (also from SU). The sentiment here is from Impression Obsession stamped with versamark and heat embossed with SU old olive powder. This jar is also really old and fortunately still works just fine.

A closer look at the petals. This side challenge was to use a die cut with the card also so, I picked this My Favorite Things Homespun stitches border die to add some texture down the side of the floral panel. This one finished out at A6 in real life. You can find this challenge here to play along, Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: