4.18.2019

A few more from VSN


 Jacqueline has a challenge to create a galaxy background using one of the tutorials linked to in the thread so, I chose the Jennifer McGuire version with the distress oxide inks on watercolor paper. The star splatters were done with some ranger distress paint and a white gel pen. that sentiment is from the club scrap firecracker set. So, that whole panel is up on foam tape above the pool colored cardbase and it finished out at A7 in real life.

Melissa has a frosted coffee filter technique challenge and I combined it with this week's featured stamper jump started by this pretty card in Diana's gallery seen here. I did spray my filter with water and crumple it and spread it out and dry it and do it again moving the colors around and so, it does not have that unblended look like camo but, I do like how this turned out, the filter was cut with the largest spellbinders hemstitched oval die and the top sentiment is from Impression Obsession and the happybirthday and bitty cup are from Stampin up.

Dawn has a challenge to use Acetate and one of the tutorials she linked to in the thread went to this Acetate tent card and I gave that one a whirl, I did originally have a piece of Hero Arts ( they sent some acetate card bases in one of those kits somewhere along the line and I cut one in half and then when it was all done the card leaned forward from the top, and that looked odd to me so, I carefully tore it apart and found an old box of ink jet transparencies in the closet ( that now look yellowed in their box) and cut one of those a little larger than A2 and now it leans towards the top. I did do some logging and removed the center trees from the tree line in the outside front of the card so that the deer were more easily seen. I think I will do this again sometime and without the time constraints of a VSN I think I would add some clear stickles to the inside layers of the scene so they pop a little better. I think I have 5 or 6 more left but, I have not really counted yet, and there has not been time to do anymore during this week yet. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: