4.12.2019

Inspired by {Disney Music Emporium}

This week Angie has us looking through the Disney Music Emporium for inspiration. And I came across this Toy Story CD cover shot and thought ahhh... 
A very long time ago when J was little we watched this so many times and he had a small collection of rubber stamps, which he gifted to me somewhere after Jr. High school age when he was "cleaning" his room and seeing that CD brought back a lot of those kinds of smiles.

 

 So, I outsmarted my self and I took a photo of the stack of distress Oxide inks I used on this card ( last weekend) and when I was doing the desk peeking day blog hop I had uploaded that with the string of desk shots... and I deleted it from the Google photos... and it sucked it right out of my cell phone. so, lets say its probably 5 or 6 colors on the balmy blue to make that background. To create the "clouds" around the sentiment I had originally used a Distress white marker and it did fade the background but, not to the extent I wanted so, I ended up adding some distress white paint over that. The "frame /mat was done with some pacific point cardstock. This one finished out at 5 1/2" square in real life.


These stamps are really old and probably retired from All Night Media. The buzz lightyear comes with a sentiment wrapped around in him in a circle that reads to infinity and beyond. But, it really didn't work for me making a snarky miss you card so, I did stamp these on some Neenah solar white, cut them out with scissors and removed that sentiment. I also used a balmy blue marker on the spaces between Woody's body and his arms as that was stark white after that.  
This sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Sassy Pants best friends set.
you can find this CD here in their store and you can find this challenge here at SplitcoastStampers. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Pia said...

I love this card, so cute!