4.28.2019

A few challenge cards

 A week ago now,  Shirley had a horsing around free for all challenge. And I had my box of horse stamps out as I had wanted to use this one for the IC but, the serendipity horse I used instead worked better for the photograph I found. So, I was pretty tickled to have a reason to play with this one too. The horse is from Coronado Island Stamping and the sentiment is from My Favorite Things anything but basic birthday greetings set.

 Then the clean and simple challenge was to use a negative diecut, and the weekend before that I had been laughing with hubs hunting buddy over this very thing. he had purchased a new tent, cot, & blind to sit in while turkey hunting this year. ( Hubs has a camper thank you lord) ( I am 20 years younger than hubs friend and I do not want to sleep in a tent anymore lol) not that I hunt but, camping is the same situation. (always we take more than we would use at home for the same time frame) The sentiment inside the tent window is from Riley & co. and the bottom one is from Dylusions.


 There is a tea party request for a lady who likes blues and hydrangea's this week and this is what I came up with. finally just caved and glued it together. the stipple hydrangea is from Stampin' Up! and the paper hug is from the stamp market. ( its has some clear wink of stella on the top layer of letters) and this one is 6" square in real life.


 This week's featured stamper is Nancy who has so many beautifully colored girls in her gallery and I kept coming back to this one because, the snarky sentiment made me laugh. I love that she gave her chick a dressing room mirror too. so, with that in mind I decided to give my little gal shinny silver shoes and make the background look like a frilly girly dressing room.

One of these days I will have to actually do those online coloring classes I have paid for as the folds of her dress just made me want to pull my hair trying to color them. I know that if I took the time to play with this it would come easier to me but, this is something I colored a long time ago with copic markers and today I added some pencil over the top in the shadows, nuvo drops over the top of the pearls.

No comments: