4.22.2019

Tranquil Leaves

 This week's color challenge is up as Tranquil Tide, Coastal Cabana & Balmy Blue. and this was the only week where I owned all three colors as cardstock samples and the dessert option is leaves.
So, I instantly thought of this Lil Inkers leaf pattern coverup die and decided to cut it 3 times once from each color. and mixed and matched layering parts of it together for this card front. There are 3 leaves tucked onto the tail end of the sentiment panel off to the right but, they blend pretty well with the whole design so, its like a really subtle thing to me. even with the sparkle.
The sentiment on this card is from the Unity Stamps Angie Girl Arianna girl ( the one with the angel) I stamped that with some Versafine Clair rain forest ink and die cut it with a SB a2 mat basics b set die. This is mounted to a Tim Holtz pre-made card base so, it finished out at A2 in real life.

I did use some prisma pencils to add some color and outlines to the leaves on the layered diecut, the base here is the coastal cabana and I taped the backside of this for pieces where that color fell out I added in the darker tide color. the top layer is the blue framing. I did for one of the first times ever color outside the lines here and I also added some white gel pen and clear wink of stella in a few places for more pop. My normal would have been to glue it all together and then color so, one thing about doing it this was is I did get into all the crevices and I do not have bloopers of color on the top frame so, it has a really crisp look that made me happy with it after it was done.
That's about it from me, You can find this challenge here to play along and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Stacy
Gr Karin