5.01.2019

WOYWW #517 {coloring}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 So, this is a Monday afternoon happy mail shot.. And I was not really thinking I had any time to play between then and now because, my truck has spent the majority of the day at the Ford dealer. (they finally just ordered a new mirror, they have automatic mirrors that fold in and my drivers side one stopped working all the time last weekend, but on Monday while it was there being looked at they could not find anything wrong and so when I picked it up of course it stopped working for me and I turned around and made another appointment for Tuesday. So, with that thought in mind I instantly stamped off some of that girl image to color in the down times.

 you know hurry up and wait. (and yes, this is a totally staged shot, I did the beginnings of those girls at work during the down times while I was doing the hurry up and wait thing. at work I have one complete second set of polychromos pencils and a few odds and ends duplicate Prisma's (maybe 25 ish of them) so, its like a limited supplies and then when I bring home things I start there I finish them here. The skin has a layer of copic markers under the pencils.

These are cell phone shots so, it has altered the colors a little. The one done in teals and greens I think I am going to pop up the top one over the other one and make it a little more layered but, I think I am going to add some flecks of gold to the skirt a little and I may not do that at all because, I like the hair on the other one better. I also have a order to complete for a man who buys custom birthday cards for his adult grand kids and one of the girls dances Ballet. and so, I had my secretary call him yesterday and ask what color her hair is and he really truly said. Plain Old Brown. and I giggled. and a few years ago I did a ballerina card for Olivia for him and I did a few versions and he picked the pink one as in his mind ballerina's are firmly wearing Pink. so this pink and brown version will end up being personalized for her soon. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

Hello - so nice to pop in and see you again after such a long break on my part. Love your colouring and happy mail. Take care Zo xx 25

Caro said...

Wow! That's a lot of colouring pencils, and some gorgeous shading and colouring there. I love my prismas and must think about getting some more. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#18)

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Stacy I think I have pencil envy. I would love a full set of Polychromos! Love your work. The stamp is beautiful but your colouring brings it to life. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

those girls look wonderful, and I still have pencil envy! You can turn up at the station and buy tickets, but on most routes if you book in advance, you save money. Sadly, not for the trip to Wales for the crop, which is a pity as the fare was VERY expensive! I loved your description of your image of the station.. thanks for dropping by. Helen #3

Neet said...

That is a lovely image and it is so beautifully coloured in. You have obviously mastered the use of your pencils for colouring. Impressive!
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am a real pencil addict, with pretty well every pencil Derwent have made, a full set of polychromos, and loads of Caran D'Ache blendable and watercolours too. I love colouring, bot pencils and painting. Enjoy your colouring. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your colouring looks really lovely and what a nice stamp to do it on. What a great collection of pencils too. Happy woyww, Angela x14x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, isn't just typical about your car mirror?? Infuriating. I can hear a machine making a noise and I tell G about it, then it stops doing it!! Aaaarggggh. Hope they manage to fix the problem. I love ballet and those images are gorgeous, especially the pinky beige one, love it!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Glenda said...

Beautiful image and it has been colored to perfection! Well done! Glenda #9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, oh those images are gorgeous, and I so love your colouring! Isn't it always the way, that something stops working, then behaves perfectly when an expert is called in? Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm, Stacy, love alllllll those pencils, drool worthy indeedy... I do have probably that many as have full set of Prismas (140?) and set of 80 Caran d’Ache Aquarelle, they’re both gorgeous, love them all. And that ballerina stamp, how classical and beautiful.. happy belated WOYWW,... Oh, and commiserations on the mirrors, so typical!
Shaz in Oz.x #16

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Marit said...

I love that stamp and the way you colored the balerina, beautiful colors and layering. Good luck with getting your car repaired! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, hope you have a nice Friday/weekend. Hug from Holland. Marit #19