4.19.2019

Inspired by {Nature fine art Photos}

I have mentioned it a few times the last few months that the organizing my stamp collection is an 
ongoing situation, and the last time I was trying to decided what we should do next time it was my turn. I was not looking at a calendar but, a horse stamp. ( not the one below) and wanting to play with that. So, I came across the Nature fine art photos and chose it because, the horse shot below really grabbed my attention and then I happened across this Serendipity stamps mustang in the box of horse stamps and thought maybe just maybe I could color it to look like a paint.

.
 So, this was stamped on some Neenah solar white with Versafine Onyx black and I tried to really keep the colors to black and white with shades of grey kind of like a black and white photo.
The sentiment is from the Stamping Bella a little horse set, and this one finished out at 6" square in real life.
 This was a trial thing because, there was not too many details on the nose so, I decided I could make the spots cream/taupe so, I could flick in some hair direction. I think if I had left it white there just would not have been as much texture. I also did not get the dark spots as dark as the photograph and I am totally OK with that because, I think that is the beauty of an inspiration challenge is you are using the photo weather it is a trinket or fine art as a jump start.

You can find this photograph here inside the store along with a few others. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: