4.17.2019

WOYWW #515 {piles}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 So, from this angle things do not look too bad, you can see the last card I made after work on Monday and (its below) was done following a tutorial at SCS for making a sunrise card ( found here ) and a bit of the pile to the left of new things ( which has kind of grown)

 I followed this pretty closely, and when I got to the adding blacks to the ground part, at the last minute you guessed it, I got some black in the sun. so I grabbed a baby wipe and mopped and it sucked up all the yellow too, so, when I went back with a tiny makeup brush to add some yellow to tit again, it got a little dark. the sentiment is from the reverse confetti God is good set, and the tree & grass are from the sweet n sassy silhouette landscape borders set.

 but, when you see the same thing from the side you see the piles are spreading so, this is what I came home to on Tuesday and I decided I "had to" clean up before I started playing again. And I still need to make my sample for this weekends IC. ( I am hosting) there is no minute like the last one right?

 So, the piles of new stuff on the left kept falling off the table and I decided maybe I should you know get the stamps out of the wrappers and put some off the table. and I happened to flip over that package of dies that says paper hug on the front side...( the hello die is on the back hahaha)
Made me laugh. there were some sales and new releases what can I say, I have not done a bunch of shopping in a while and it all just came out together the last little while.

Oh, and this is here because, I am not sure what you all thought was a Tim Holtz thing but, the thing on the cart is a metal ( galvanized) tin type serving thing that I picked up from Pottery Barn a few years ago that they were selling for people doing back yard bbq type parties to organize the food things outside. (and I thought the bottles would all be corralled on it nicely) and then after I shot this one I glanced up at the ink on the back of the door and it irritated me enough to start reorganizing that, so really I have a bigger mess this morning than I started out with. Those suitcases normally have the pads of paper in them where I can close the lid and slide the one on the floor under the cart, but when the pads start getting mostly used I tend to rip them up and sort them by colors into hanging files in the file cabinet and since the buying these pads does not seem to be ending that will be another sorting thing soon I guess. and yes, there are still two stacks of stamps on the floor. soon, I hope I will get back into finishing that off. I hope you all have a beautiful Easter Weekend if you celebrate.
So, that's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Darlene said...

hahaha luv the crazieness in your room !
So many times I have smudged or got a glob of something on my card.
getting quite creative at figuring out how to cover it lol.
and like the 'happy desk peeking day' saying...I may use that...
Darlene #28

Sarah Brennan said...

That is a neat substitute for a Tim Holtz carousel Stacy. I am sure it was far more competitively priced too. Love it that someone else has as big an ink pad collection as me. Happy sorting and tidying. Sarah #2

Glenda said...

I love your space! Lovely card there and lots of goodies to play with! Have a great rest of the week!
Glenda #22

Caro said...

Wow! You have so many lovely goodies to play with - look at all those gorgeous inks pads and bottles. The sunset card is stunning - I wouldnt have spotted the slight imperfection if you hadnt told us. Thanks for sharing and have a very Happy Easter, with love & God Bless. Caro x (#15)

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Seems like you will be sorting all over the Easter weekend! Enjoy - but enjoy the break as well. I love your card - Ok, so you smudged a bit - but that doesn't deter from the whole card. It's beautiful. Well done.!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

What a great room you have, (it looks as full as mine!) Gorgeous card, love it! Helen #'1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love your craft room, makes me feel right at home. Great collection of new stash too. Have a lovely creative woyww and a happy Easter too. Angela x17x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I get it....start something, look up, get distracted by a seemingly simple job and then....oh I know it! But it will be good for a while. I love the suitcase full of papers. I have a similar problem with these small pads. Am making a mental effort to not buy more for a loooong time! Must use stuff must use stuff! The card is lovely, no clue as to any probs with it at all, but I can guess the irritation at the black...it’s great that you rescued it..that’s the point that I would definitely have had a hissy fit and given up!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I do most of my best crafting under pressure, when I've left things too late - so I'm sure your crafting for the host weekend will all come out ok in the end. I would have cussed if I'd got a black spot on the yellow of the sunrise, well done for being patient enough to rescue it!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx