1.17.2020

Inspired by { tote bag art}

It's my turn to host the Inspiration challenge this week and I have chosen to link you up to Google Images for Tote Bags.
One thing I have found its it rarely shows me the same bag twice when I look so there is a Pinterest board here with a few I saved.  You may have heard that Oregon passed a law that started this January first that you are no longer given a bag for your purchases at any store, now you have to buy them if you do not carry your own re-useable bags into the store ahead of time. And Hubs and I have collected a whole stack of cool art ones over time made from recycled water bottles, and they now make those with the handles also being the same material as the bag so, if the grocery clerk fills it to capacity. ( even though you handed them more bags than they would need) the handles rip right off. 
and that started a Quest for cool Canvas Tote bags. ( of which I now have a nifty pile of) one of the ones I ordered from Barnes and Nobles from seeing it on Google is still on back order. you can see it here.
 and this snarky card below was sparked by the minty camera on that bag. It totally made me remember I bought this Unity set and never used it. ( this one is going to the booth, because the truth is I do not have anyone I would send this card to but, I know it will sell) 

 The bag and the you look great are from the Unity Stamps set, old bag. the top sentiment tied to the sheer ribbon is from Simon Says Stamp tiny words set. the bag was stamped with some Versafine warm breeze and then I added some Distress Oxide broken china over that. The tiny camera stamp is from Inkadinkado and I cut it out with scissors.

 This is a peek at the inside that I think makes the card actually send able as it tempers the snark a little. these sentiments are also from the Simon Says Stamp tiny words set. This card finished out at A2 in real life.

Now this one was done because, I had come across this Harry Potter bag that was sold out. but, it prompted me to remember I had this Ink Road set called Expecto Stampo. The sentiment was heat embossed with SU white powder on some navy die cuts with a view shimmer thin cardstock. the braided trim is unknown and the base is some SU night of Navy. the bag shape was cut with a Sizzix Tim Holtz stitched rectangle die. This one is 5 1/2" square in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Great cards and sentiments. I love snarky sayings so I would enjoy receiving your cards.

Julia Aston said...

Two great card designs Stacy and a fun challenge over at SCS!