2.28.2018

WOYWW #456 {epic piles}

Happy Desk Peeking day, if you'd like to see more or play along with us 
this hop starts here at our hostess Miss Julia's blog.

 This is for me about as bad as it ever gets the funny part is it's pretty much sat this way since Sunday afternoon when I ran upstairs to do the last VSN/FS card. I did not have time to put things away, and monday was hubs bday and yesterday I made enchiladas afterwork. so maybe today things will get picked up again and put away because, this is too much mess for me to continue in.

 Let's see clues, I had come across a shot of a live sand dollar and they are pale purple in real life. ( I had no idea, I have only seen the white dried skeletons) Those pens were used on VSN projects. all the piles of stamps and dies to the left are things I showed you last week there really has not been much time at all to play with anything yet.

 Now this is new. it arrived at work yesterday and I tried cutting the free sample die with the instructions ( both ways as a regular die and an intricate die.) it did not cut the free sample die out all the way on either version of plate stacking. so, hopefully it will work better on the dies I actually paid money for that take me 8 or more passes through a big shot to get them to cut. ( my elbow will thank me if this works) The machine is much heavier than I thought it would be. That red chicken wire basket is holding my stencil collection because, I have not found a better way to do that yet there are so many different sizes of them. Today is billing day at work so, it may be tomorrow before I start making the rounds, thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Monica said...

Hope you get all the equipment to work. Just beginning to see better. Hope you manage to get all your cards made.
Monica #14

Monica said...

Should read Monica #27

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I hope that your dies work better with the machine as well! I had no idea what a sand dollar was so had to look it up. Well, I never, you live and learn :-D
Hugs LLJ 14 xxxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Interesting. Live Sand Dollars are purple? Hmmm... like you I've only seen the washed up on the beach white ones. That's disappointing on the cutting of the sample die. Hope it does start cutting better!
~Sandy from Texas #30

My name is Cindy said...

The big gemini is great, and the machine I turn to when my arm/elbow/wrist are aching!! Hope yours work out for you, once you find a plate sandwich that works (not necessarily the one they suggest!) I'm sure it will be fine. Happy WOYWW Cindy #19

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. I do hope you get your new machine to work properly. I'd looked at it, but would prefer the larger format - can't afford that one though... so... back to the big shot extra!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Helen said...

hope you enjoy your new toy! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The new machine looks quite big which is fine if you have somewhere to put it. I'm sure once you get used to it everything will work properly. Happy woyww, Angela x16x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope all goes well with the new machine once you get it properly up and running. Have a good week. Sarah #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Shopkeeper Gal has a Gemini and hers cuts anything, really well, so I hope you enjoy having it. Know what you mean about the old elbow and big shot! I like the way you store dies, makes sense to me. You still seem to have a large working area free of stuff....funny how we all get to a particular tidy up point. I don’t think you’re at mine yet!!

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, hope your Gemini cuts your dies ok. I have my Big Shot and no plans yet to change it, but who know what my next birthday or Christmas may bring! Storage for stencils and embossing folders is not something I have thought about yet, but as my collection grows, I know I'll need a solution. Have a lovely week Heather x #31

okienurse said...

I love your messy desk...makes me feel at home. I can't find anything if it isn't in plain right out where I can grab it when I need it...makes for a. messy desk but hey that's me. I had a friend you bought a Gemini and she said she was always fiddling with the plates...adding a piece of card to make it fit better etc...sounds like my Big Shot. Sorry I am so late getting around this week but all sorts of things jumped in my way! Vickie #32