2.09.2018

Inspired by {Spoonflower}



I had come across this Mermaid Tails Print inside the spoonflower site that Angie has directed the Inspiration Challenge to this week and my brain seen Easter Eggs...
So I started flipping through my hanging file folders of prints and looking for mostly solid colors with some texture or pattern to them and picked a handful of old textured mulberry papers, gelli prints, mixed media backgrounds and regular printed papers that worked together and made a row of eggs. ( Spellbinders nested egg die) and I thought I don't want to do a whole panel of these and the stark backgrounds I tried the row on were just too plain so, I grabbed this heat embossed resist background I had done with an old Stampin' Up! fine lace background embossed with some Ranger Verdigris powder and then inked with broken china & cracked pistachio oxide inks and thought OK this is a little better.  wrapped on a scallop edged vintage lace for another "row" and a ha ha almost straight line to follow while gluing the eggs. The mat is a piece of Minty handmade (bits of dried floral in it) Mulberry paper. The base is some SU pear.  This sentiment is a dollar bin Hampton Arts one. (its old) and was cut with a Lawn Fawn banner die. This finished out at A6 in real life.

My Inspiration piece which can be found at Spoonflower here.  I think I missed the yellow/copper colors but, it still has that bright textured vibe for me and I am happy with this one. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Oh Wow!! You nailed that inspiration challenge. Love your eggs they are so pretty and look great against that background your created. The lace is the perfect touch.