2.27.2018

VSN Mini Trio

The Spring VSN Mini opened this last weekend and I seen that on Saturday afternoon. 


And the first challenge I read ( I did these out of order) was Kim's to use "compost" items, the theme this virtual stamp night is how does your garden grow? and so, on this card is a used recycled coffee filter and a new sentiment from Riley and Co that came in mail recently. ( so, it was on the table front and center) the sentiment actually has to tiny coffee beans under where those brads are ( eyelet outlet?) and I had water colored them but, when I tied on the Hero Arts string ( also laying on the table from one of their previous kits of the month) they really faded into the background so, I knew I had these brads and for the first time they were not "too big " scale wise for the card. that text print is from a Graphic 45 pad and this one is 6" square in real life.


 The next one I did was Lee's add a bug to it challenge and when I typed in bug in evernote this particular old Stampendous pail topper was the first one that said ooh play with me, and so I did. I heat embossed this twice on white and the curry and cut the white one apart to paper piece it. the bloom was colored with some white gel pen. the bug bodies are covered with clear wink of stella glitter pen.
The sending love is from Hero Arts and its on a Nelle Snellen tags 3 die. the tag dies (round) are from Memory Box.

 Now Misti's challenge was to have blooms in a container. and I knew without looking I would need to color something to play in that one so, I saved it for last. and just let it sit in the back of my mind. and then I woke up Sunday and seen the newest Featured Stampers gallery ( Carol card seen here) and I just laughed and laughed because, although it is not exactly what Misti asked for it "technically"
 works right? Isn't Carol's card gorgeous, I probably should have masked in some of the leaves from the Power Poppy Dahlia XL set but, I had started darkening the background of the vintage dictionary page to let the "container" definition pop and I got it too dark and then I had to keep adding more color to the bloom. so, by that point it was too late for leaves.
So, Changes from Carols card are I used a Die cut sentiment ( Lawn Fawn scripty Hello) and Stamped the bloom. and tore the edges of that paper.

A closer look at this, it was stamped with some Versafine Imperial Purple ink and I tried to keep it very no line coloring but, when I got the background so dark I finally grabbed some polychromos pencils and started putting the lines back in a lot darker so..
So, this has made it something to look forward to with the rest of the Challenges that get released later. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: