2.14.2018

WOYWW #454 { Folded Papers}

Happy Desk Peeking Day, you can find out how to play along
 and or see more here at our hostess Miss Julia's Blog.

 So, these are tuesday after work shots. there was a color challenge this week that was a bright berry pinkish color, turquoise and peach. which looks really pretty together but, it way way out of my comfort zone. and when I came home I still had this pile of newish SU stuffs and I thought ok just play with some of these. There was exactly one stamp in both sets that I wanted so, since that seems to be the norm anymore I hardly order anymore.

 This is left out from Monday when there was a use cardboard as your paint brush challenge. all those shades of green cheap acrylic paint are very very similar to each other.

 the chucks are "drying" and the birthday cards were the first 3 attempts at that color challenge idea and the embossed gatefold kinda looked like seaweed to me. ( its not a full sized folder is a wide border one) which was a little bit of a surprise. and so, while I was thinking that I started messing around with that mermaid tail thinking just maybe I will combine these things.

this is that sentiment. It made me laugh. the bumps are a skinny cuttlebug border embossing folder. because, it is a little snarky I thought it would be funnier as a one layer card. so this is actually the first one I made before I kept trying the color challenge. We had two more baby boy lambs born yesterday. but, no mug shots. ( I am in my robe typing this) Hope you all do something fun for Valentines day & thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That last card made me hoot!! That's the sort of thing I'd buy for my hubby and boys...absolutely brilliant!!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Belinda said...

I love the cards with the Chucks. They are so cute. I hope you find something you like for your color challenge. Ok, that last card is so funny. I need something like that. My girlfriends would love it. A baby lamb? That is really special.
Have a blessed day!
Belinda (25)

Helen said...

what a great birthday sentiment! Helen #1

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy .... oh that last card made me laugh. Definitely one to remember for a couple of people I know. Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely week, Heather #13

Kim said...

Good luck with the challenge. I used to do a lot as I love the challenge of getting out of my comfort zone, but just haven't had the time lately. I love the last card...I need that stamp! LOL!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day, and thanks for stopping by!
-K #34

Sharon Madson said...

Love that sentiment! I can't wait to see photos of the lambs. What an exciting life! :) I got here really late, but it is still Wednesday! LOL
#40

okienurse said...

great desk and I am still giggling about the birthday card! Might have to steal the idea! I used to be a rabid SU demo but like you say I would buy everything and I still have stamps I never plan to use...need to have a sale! I have joined and quit so many times just to get the discounts and free stuff when I need to replenish stash and inks. Hope you have a great day. Vickie #39

buterfliecrafter said...

The sentiments made me laugh too, enjoy the little lambs and the rest of the week, Vicky#7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That last card is a hoot. One of the best sentiments for a birthday card I have ever seen. Have a lovely belated WOYWW, Angela x20x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. I just love that sentiment - it's great! Have fun with those colours. I reckon I would put them together in a crochet blanket, but would probably never think of putting them together in a card. How weird is that?!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Julia Dunnit said...

Immediately thought that the colours were lovely, but scared for me, I do so much better with big clumsy brights!! Love the cards and the way you used the colours, and of course, the sentiment is fab!!