2.04.2018

A few more Challenge Cards

 two weekends ago Featured Stamper was Karen who had this gorgeous fern card in her gallery that I just loved. I hardly ever use the same stamp someone picked so that I can have one change right off the bat but, for this one I realized that I have the same exact fern stamp and I cannot remember inking it before this. So, I followed her footsteps with distress inks but, in different colors. flipped the fern to horizontal and moved the sentiment down and popped it up. This fern is from Justrite and the sentiment is from the Altenew Thinking of you set.


 And while I had it out figured I may as well stamp it again. this one went vertical with a Happy Birthday tucked in.
The ink colors on the fern are evergreen bough, cracked pistachio & lucky clover.

 This week the ways to use it is to make a "love is in the air" "Valentines" card... I didnt really need a Valentine card but, I had embossed this Simon Says Stamp Emma Background in some SU pewter powder last week while the embossing backgrounds marathon was going on in my space and thought what the heck just color one. the red is Distress candied Apple and the other marker was black soot. there is some cream pencil on this and some white gel pen. the Sentiment is from the Hero Arts many messages set.


 This week's featured Stamper is Amy who has this gorgeous card seen here that I just loved the depth of color on this both the floral panel and its main matting. So, changes were to use a heat embossed Penny Black awaken flower that was colored with some polychromos & prisma pencils and added in that just so useful Altenew sentiment instead of a diecut one. there are also less matting layers on my version. The crackled over the moon press paper here has an actual texture to it in real life it's not flat.

A closer look at the coloring. which is kind of subtle so it did not want to photograph very well.

 A few weeks ago now the color combo challenge was two shades of pale pinks with some pear green. and I tried to color that kissing frogs image and ended up with too many "extra" colors in the end so, I tried it again with this Frantic Stamper marshmallow bunny die. the grass was cut with some martha stewart fringe scissors and inked with a few shades of distress green inks to give it some contrast from the pear base. that sentiment is from Lil inker make a bunny set.

No comments: