2.05.2018

Purple Poinsettia

Just a simple one for the Dirty Dozen Christmas card challenge for Feb. 
You can find the details to play along here.

 
 

 A closer look at the poinsettia, this was colored at work last week with the ( duplicate) pencils I keep there so really its a limited supply challenge for me when I do that because, I do have full sets of both Polychromos and Prisma pencils. when I first started buying them I picked them up a handful at a time at a couple of art stores. (before I found buying sets online haha) so, when I did have all the colors I took my duplicates to work and left them there. This is the Penny Black Christmas Pride bloom heat embossed with SU pewter powder on Neenah solar white and cut out with scissors. Its flat in real life. (one layer bloom) I tried to add more shadows to the lower spots when coloring this to give it some depth.

The finished card. the silver glimmer paper is from Micheals and was cut with a Waffle flower lacy squares die. the sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted Message me set cut with a Spellbinders labels trio die. this finished out at 6" square.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Oh WOW Stacy!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! One of my favorite poinsettia cards I ever did was in purple too. I need to do it again.