2.17.2018

Inspired by {Schreiner's Iris Gardens}

This weekend we are headed out to the Schreiner's Iris Gardens in Oregon.
This is a virtual tour of some of the Varieties of Iris tubers and Day lilies that are available to purchase as it is a few months shy of blooming season here yet. 

 This is one of those fourth time's a charm cards... I am hosting the Inspiration Challenge this week trekking everyone out to see an Iris Farm so they can wish it were closer to spring (mentally).  :)
This is the first Iris stamp I ever bought, its a huge one from Magenta. ( there is no name on the woodblock sorry) Iris were the first flower tubers that were ever gifted to me when I first expressed an interest in growing things. so, over the years between the horse trades and purchases. I have a very big selection of them.  I am sure my neighbors hide when they see me pushing a wheel barrow full of ones that are being weeded out of the beds. lol. The background was done on watercolor paper with the original greens and blues Oxide inks. cut with the largest waffle flower A7 lacy layers die.

 This one was stamped with some Versafine and colored with Polychromos and prisma pencils. the sentiment is from the Altenew Birthday greetings set.The color pattern inspiration for this bloom came from this Banish Misfortune tuber.

 Now this, this was the first one I tried. and yes, its pretty but, it wasnt a WOW card in my head. ( and I am not really partial to purple so.. I set it aside. the bloom is called Single Iris from Penny Blacks brushstroke line ( its also a really old stamp) I do not know if PB retires stamps or not.
the sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Best ever set. the wired ribbon is from May Arts. the base is black berry bliss and the print ( I have forgotten its older though from the scrap bin)
 A closer look, I did add some pencil colors over the markers. this was stamped direct to rubber with markers and misted with water. the inspiration piece for these colors looks like this. and since the Iris stamp had more of an Siberian look to the petals instead of a double ruffle I skipped the peachy shades at the top and focused on the pink/purple shades.

 So, then I decided to focus on the mostly pale blue shaded one that looked like this (seen below) the ribbon on this one is a shimmer one from SU in pool party, the embossing folder is a cuttlebug one and the hand made mulberry paper has bits and pieces of dried flower petals in it. This one is A7 in real life.

The reality is the pale blue I have that looks pretty much like this, it fades to white about a day and a half after it opens. so, my thought is this one is probably a photo shopped shot. ( I know we all do it.)
Very pretty though.
 The colors on this one I did not add any pencil shading to it and this one only had 1 spritz of water on the inked rubber. the one below was misted twice so the colors blended a little better and were softer.

This one that sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp set called You got this. this is the smallest card at A2. I actually liked the way the softness of the inks look best on this one. and because, I forget things it's a good idea for me to actually photograph and record those thoughts. because next time If I happen to see this ( I have been plugging my card shots into my evernote file with the stamps) when I am doing stuff in evernote it gives me that Oh, yeah spray it twice first thought. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow so, it will be fun to see all the flowers in the garden this weekend in the gallery. you can find the thread to play along with us here.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, these are ALL so gorgeous! I love the website you chose, and the cards are amazing with their beautiful colors, and I especially love the sentiments!! Stunning, as always, sweet friend!! Warm, sunny hugs! xoxo

nwilliams6 said...

Stacy, I had so much fun in your challenge and all these cards are Wow cards in my head. I agree with Cheryl - they are all stunning. I love that your fave was with your first stamp. I wish my first stamp had been that awesome. Hugz