2.07.2018

WOYWW # 453 {timeline}

Happy Desk Peeking day to play along or see more check out 
 So the image on the far right was colored with just the two distress markers and I added a white gel pen over the top later this was done messing around for the Valentines challenge that started last thursday. this is a friday evening shot. the rest of the blooms were colored at work on friday ( there was a whole lot of hurry up and wait going on)

 On Monday I had happy mail from Simon Says Stamp, I did order two of the AI storage tins and one is completely full and one is mostly full ( no duplicates) I moved all the duplicate colors to the closet and I think there are "new" colors out now that I dont have so there is room for them. The adhesive in the back is supposed to be perfect for vellum ( I have not tried that yet) I did get a SSS stamp set and a card wrap die and 4 of the newest Oxides. ( pink, burgundy and two more greens)


On Tuesday at work there was more hurry up and wait and I have you know maybe 40 pencils there a mixed bag of things so, coloring is like having my own little limited supply challenge.
The rose was stamped with either Distress antique linen or SSS beige ( a long time ago) so I was working on a no line look with pencils.

 My desk this morning. after the nice clean shot of the new things they were all opened and I mostly cut the card wrap die a few times. I do have wax paper in it and I also am using a metal shim to get the cuts, It is going back and forth through my big shot at least 4 times, because I keep turning the die to get the center to cut. ( do you know what I mean so the die feeds into the rollers a different angle each time.) So, I have not take this to work and tried it in a cuttlebug. (but, I think it would be difficult to get a wrap card in that machine because you don't have the landscape of a big cut pad to turn it horizontal. The one video I seen of it being cut was done by Jennifer McGuire and she had run it through an electronic machine. (a small one and it cut for her with one pass like that)

 So a few cards were finished and a few pieces are waiting,

 first card (closed)
 First card open that sentiment is from the SSS stamp set that was in mondays happy mail its called.
Best ever. The background is alcohol inks on Yupo.
Closed this card is 4 1/4" square so the inside card is 4" square.

 The second trial this one is closed with a vellum belly band that hugs die is from Papertrey Ink.

The inside sentiment on this one is from Impression Obsession. so, that is what I have been up to. no new lambs yet but, the other ewe is looking closer. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Stacy, the card wraparound is beautiful and all the cards you've made are lovely. You are also very talented at colouring in - the rose is absolutely gorgeous and it's clearly a great way of filling time when you are waiting. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #30

Janice M said...

Now that is one cool die!! So pretty and it would fit in a A2 envelope right??

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, oh my, those are gorgeous! Waiting for my AI tins to arrive over here, I can see me needing a few, especially as they will hold Stickles and Pearls too. And I think, my Adirondack reinkers, I'm pretty sure they're the same size. Have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #11 XxX

Sharon Madson said...

Your rose is beautifully done! I do not have any luck with the no line technique. Maybe I should practice more?
Beautiful card with your new dies! What fun you have been having! Thank you Stacy for stopping by already! Happy WOYWW!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacey, gorgeous cards. I am so loving your flowers and the die cut cards are lovely. Thanks for the visit to mine and hope you have a very happy woyww, Angela x17x

Plush Possum Studio said...

An impressive array of lovely cards!
Happy WOYWW
Rose #7

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Stacy, love the cards and adore the rose; your colouring skills are amazing. I am looking forward to the arrival of my AI boxes (I ordered 4 as they also fit the Oxide re inkers). have a good week. Sarah #20

Marit said...

You work in many techniques and I love seeing it all, the rose looks amazing! Have a great week. Hug from Holland, Marit #26

SusanLotus said...

Your cards are beautiful!
I love the different design.

Happy WOYWW,
Sussie nr 38.

Lindart said...

Hi Stacy, your cards are gorgeous! My mother's birthday is coming up, and although I don't have the die that makes those beautiful filigree doors, I do have an idea inspired by them! Thank you! Your colouring is looking absolutely beautiful, I love that technique! Thanks for your visit, Lindart #35

CherylQuilts said...

Okay, Stacy! Let's talk "bucket list" here, K? I want to go to your house and spend a week stamping and playing! I love your work and think you are amazing at how much you get done. You must be one of the most energetic gals I know! I love all of these and think you totally rock!! Hugs! xoxo