2.13.2018

Monday's Projects

 I am really enjoying having a little more daylight after work now a days.. so, Monday afternoon I seen the Clean and Simple challenge was to add in a bird... and so, I picked up the already colored images envelope on my table and flipped through it and found this sweet Penguin and thought why not. ( it was colored with Polychromos and Prisma pencils last fall some time) and has just been waiting. The stitched edge is a Simon Says Stamp wonky die and this one is A2 in real life. that sentiment is out of the Altenew Birthday greetings set.

 A closer look at the coloring this guy is from the Unity Stamps set called Little by Little. I wasn't sure really what color to make him so there are a lot of shades of grey. you can see the brownish "french" ones along with some cool and warm tones.

 Now this was an unexpected bonus. I had not looked at the try a new technique challenge ( the instructions are here) and I had come across some samples in the gallery of others who had combined the two and thought what the heck. ( I had changed out a toilet paper roll that morning before work and knew it.) it was still daylight here So, I tried this ( I have 3 pale shades of cheap acrylic paints and maybe an off white so, that made it a limited supply right off the bat, I did like the burst patterns I made and it had the best contrast with these shades on a darker sheet of cardstock and when it was done it really looked like a Christmas wreath to me. so, I started looking in the previously colored Christmas images envelope and found this mouse. and thought if you add a few more sprigs, it looks like he ran that wreath through the paint and all over the place haha. So, that made the sentiment ( SU) a no brainer.

A closer look at the coloring. done with pencils and a little bit of white gel pen over the top. You can't really see it but there is a piece of wide pale green sheer ribbon that runs under the bottom edge of the stamped panel and wraps around the painted panel. I probably should have wrapped around the red Corrugate too but, such is life. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

CAS and adorable! I ended up buying this little guy after playing with some images you sent me. Your BG for the HM card is perfect!