12.30.2022

Inspired by a Clock

 It's that time of the year when you start to think about time again. Maybe a little more than usual I think New Years as it approaches seems to bring out all the watching the clock in all of us. And this week Amy is sharing a Pinterest board filled with clocks of all kinds. And I chose this one seen here.  I seen that as pink lace at first glance. I think part of why it struck me was I had received this Sizzix Tim Holtz Doily embossing folder for Christmas this year from my friend at work and it was laying on the table waiting for an idea to strike.

I decided to try it with some not cotton watercolor paper ( Strathmore 400 series) and then I basically cleaned the palette that had some various Daniel Smith browns and coral on it with this, and a lot of water. I did end up running this panel through the big shot probably 3 time between getting it wet and letting it dry. I did not tape it down. And when it was totally dry ( this panel is A6 in real life) I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out what sentiment would fit in that little corner I had.

I wanted to use something I had not played with before or recently and most of those were too big to fit, but this one is from the Stamping Bella Posh has a present set and it fits. The painted panel is up on foam tape over the Stampin Up petal pink base that was finished out at A7 in real life. I did go along and add some pink and cream liquid pearls just a few here and there for a bit of shine, And I realized I got this way more pink than the clock but, I think the lace pattern of the doily edge mimic's that pattern to the clock. I hope you are all doing well and looking forward to the new year. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: