12.16.2022

Inspired by { Cake Central}

 Hello & Happy Friday, It's my turn to host the Inspiration challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week and I picked Cake Central. ( their web site is here and their pinterest boards are here) I ended up choosing this particular cake seen here for its colors. 

I had originally thought I was going to use up an inky embossed resist panel I had made during fallidays for that color combo but, the background was just too busy so, after mentally fighting with it. ( and wanting to keep the colors as they are a little different for a Christmas card with all the brown) 


I grabbed the box of Foliage dies and fished out this Memory Box Silverdale branch as I just love it. Cut it a couple of times from scraps of Strathmore 400 series watercolor paper and added some Daniel Smith watercolors to it real quick. The frame here is from Penny Black it really cuts the design into the base you are using so, then I used a Hero Arts die to cut the outside edge of the white for a "frame" found this printed paper in the brown hanging file ( which means I have no clue anymore who makes it sorry) and cut that with a hero arts rectangle die also. taped it back together on the back sides and trimmed it down to fit an A6 card front. ( which then I noticed it was off, I had cut too much off the length and not enough off the sides so, I kept trimming it and such as I went a long.) The Joy script diecut is an really old one from Memory Box and there are some random glue dots holding the berry branches on the cardfront. I might tuck a few more in later. I did pull the top right leaf over a bit so that it disguises the fact that there is not really a branch connecting the two diecuts. ( know what I mean?) At any rate, I love the colors of this one and may just make another. I hope you are all doing well. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: