12.01.2022

A Few Fallidays Projects

 There are fallidays challenges & tutorials going on now at Splitcoaststampers that started earlier this week and so far I have the first days challenges done and am still hunting for my gilding flakes to try the tutorial.

The very first challenge is to include a bird on a holiday card from Lydia. So, I chopped up some Arches watercolor scraps with these Poppy Stamps Whittle birds and Pine Wisps from the Greetery and painted them with Daniel Smith (mostly) watercolors that were on the palette. ( I did swipe the backsides of the sprigs as they are only glued near the stems.)


I knew I wanted to keep the background simple and I almost lost the birds in this design as the branches are so much large scale wise but, I am liking how this turned out. The background is an older Gel Print done from a fern clipping in my yard with Acrylic paints. The base here is PTI dk. Chocolate and finishes out at A7 in real life.

Next Up Dina has a color challenge that needs sweets and stripes to go along with it. So, out came this Cute Whipper Snapper Designs Ginger Berry Basket image ( I stamped it twice to paper piece the top one into the design on the bottom one and not cut out those bitty bows on the candy canes) It's painted with mostly Daniel Smith watercolors on Arches cotton wc paper.

And when I had red her challenge I grabbed my box of scraps and started die cutting a small pile of these tags from the Frantic Stamper Jumbo Merry Christmas tag die set (because, I love the stitching along the edge ) and it's size is nearly A2 in person. The berry basket panel was die cut with a Paper Rose lots of squares die and taped backtogether. The Joy is from the Taylored Expressions farmhouse sentiments set and I wanted to mat it but, didn't want a huge frame so I ended up using a paint brush to give the edge of the diecut a red frame. 


Lori has a white on white challenge with a subtle color sentiment. (not sure if aged patina is subtle or not ) but, the size of it is small enough that maybe it will pass. The pierced snowflake is a My Favorite Things diecut and the Merry Christmas here is from the Simon Says Stamp Joy To you and Yours set. same tag die, used a piece of Hobby Lobby crepe paper for the texture. That's about it from me so far, if you'd like to play along all the challenges that have gone live so far are here in this collection of threads

Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: