12.09.2022

Inspired by { The Spirit of Christmas}

 This week Kia has chosen a Christmas store called the Spirit of Christmas for the Inspiration Challenge and I happened across the Jim Shore Santa's. ( yes, I live under a rock and just seen these for the first time last month, where I bought two then) and so, I did get sucked into looking at everyone of them in the store and I loved the colors in particular of this Austrian Santa


I stamped this Annette Allen Watkins Santa from 1995 (the number on the side of the block is J1438) on a scrap of watercolor paper and proceeded to paint him with mostly Daniel Smith watercolors. ( the red is Windsor & newton) There is also some Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white over the top of the grey in the beard for extra texture. 

The sentiment here is from the Unity Stamps no limit to love set stamped on some scrap. The jingle bells I've had a while & all of mine are in a tiny bell jar together so, I don't know the mfg. info or exact size of them anymore. the red ribbon is Stampin Up' and the banner/bells are tied to that with some natural hemp string. The frame was done using a Metric Heffy Doodle Whimsically wonky stitched rectangle die that I cut the center out of the mat to make it a frame. This one finished out at A7 in real life. I hope you are doing well & I appreciate that you took the time to stop by. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers.


No comments: