1.01.2023

Dirty Dozen January 2023 Christmas

 Happy New Year :) I don't know about you but, I am still totally in make all things Christmas mode. And this particular stamp is still out on display on the wall behind the table I stamp on. I did stamp on it with some grey versafine on smooth hot press Arches watercolor paper to paint it.

I think the most handy thing I have ever learned about watercolor is, paint your background first. I did on this first layer of paint add a little to the outfits and shadows as I knew I would be adding more paint after this dried.

Next layer of paints. 

I wanted to let that image be the focal so, I find this crepe paper that you can find by the sheet at Hobby Lobby fills that need for texture for me without adding a lot of bulk or business. The sentiment here is from Stampin' Up's Itty Bitty Christmas set cut with a My Favorite Things stitched banner die. both of those panels are up on foam tape over the crepe texture. I actually did have someone in mind to give this to so this did go out in last years Christmas mailing and I don't remember exactly how large it is, but, It is either 5 1/2" sq or 6" square ( probably 6) If you'd like to get a stash going for your self for next year this challenge prompt can be found here inside the special forums set aside for Fan Club members. Happy New Year! and thanks for stopping by.




No comments: