12.06.2022

Painting Poinsettias

 There are fallidays challenges going on now, and I have more than half of them done, will work on more uploads soon. But, a few of them have a lot of photos so, since this card done for Holly's floral challenge has a gorgeous IC photo in the chat thread seen here. I decided I would do a blog post for the process. a little bit before I seen Holly's challenge I had come across this Painting poinsettia cards for the holidays from Creationsceecee on YouTube ( seen here) and decided to kinda do something along the lines using the colors from Holly's challenge and the transparent petals from ceecee's video.

first layer of paint, this is Windsor & newton red. ( its a real red shade for color, I am reaching for it a lot lately) 


 The greens are a couple shades from Daniel smith, one of them is called ocean? ( its sucha  shimmery color) this is wet.

And this is dry what I came home to monday after work. This one made it onto instagram.


Second layer of petals painted along with some gold dots to the centers ( which mostly faded and or bloomed into the petals) I did end up splattering this whole piece with Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white too before I cut it up, and more gold to the centers.


I decided that white space would work really well to tuck in a sentiment so, I did ink this a few times in the Misti because, the white splatter were already dried into that space too ha ha. the whole painted panel is up on foam pop dots. This is A7 in real life. Hope you are doing well & thanks for stopping by.




No comments: