12.10.2022

A do - Over

 Jean has a recycle an old Christmas card into something new challenge for the Fallidays where you are to start off with a photo of your original card. And my original card, is actually one I made that came to me in the mail in 2016. (the original blog post is here) It was one of those simple things that, was one where as soon as you shoot the shot, you see the goof. ( I had the printed paper on the cardbase upside down from the hanging "Joy" diecut tag. And I had made this to be a filler card for the booth. And I must have said something to June about it, because I didn't know this at the time but, she always helped me do the booth and sold cards and such too. but, that year for Christmas this card came back to me in the mail from them. 

So, Jeans challenge was to recycle one. And I started playing with this tag thinking, ok you could doctor that up or something. and as I played with it, I realized the ribbon would slide right off that half the printed paper as it was just looped around the gatefold on the left side. 


 as you can see I have barely a square foot left to work in since the piles have grown around the edges of the desk as Fallidays continues.


I had recently bought this stamp on ETSY from Laddstamps ( seen here ) and when it came in the mail I had stamped off a few on scraps on the table then painted the leaves and berries. This particular one was die cut with a wonky stitched circle die from picket fence studios. So, I picked it up and decided to drag some paint around the edges in a wonky way since its not a perfect circle to begin with grabbed a box of previously die cut from cheap watercolor paper scraps box and started digging for flowers. Didn't find that but, did find some sprigs. Added some paints to those. I did have a diecut doily on the other side of the table I had been pushing around the other day making gift tags and used that for a backer to tie the hemp string to. 

I did end up pulling up the ends of the printed paper on the left hand side to tuck that vintage lace behind the glitter paper. Lucky me, I did it without ripping it. ( happy side not the bazzill and dcwv papers tend to have plastic in them, so they are easier to move things after the fact) ( which is handy when you glue things on upside down eh?) slipped the original green ribbon back on and just tied it into a knot this time, trimmed the ends and used some foam pop dots under the doily on the left half of the card so the panel does not wiggle much. And I think I will pop this back in the mail on Monday to them again. I am debating if I want to just draw a line on the liner and write a note across the other half of the inside or totally make it a new piece. I am leaning towards writing in the blank space so she can laugh about it too. If you'd like to see what all the fun is about with the Fallidays Challenges you can find them here at Splitcoaststampers to play along. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: