12.06.2022

Painting Gnomes

 This week Kia, has shared with us this video from ocean spice on doing 3 Christmas cards, and honestly I only watched the part of the video for the Gnome. and it kicked my behind good so, I never seen the other two options.

she is one of those people who makes it look easy, and so I decided I could do this, I started with a scrap of good Arches wc paper and did draw a line for where its feet would go, and mostly just winged it.

The hat bled too much into the beard area for my tastes, I do have this propped  up on angle so the paint can travel down. 


I kept adding paint to it making it worse and finally decided to start over with some ( cheaper) wc paper. Fabriano? ( something will edit) and did not use my fingers for the shoes on the second one either. but, I did use wet stickles crystal glitter glue and that smeared the paint a little.

So, I got him wet again and added another layer of paint trying to get something usable to post. The sentiment here is from the Stampin' Up! set called North Pole Mischief. The painted panel was cut out with a Simon Says Stamp wonky stitched rectangle die and the base is some Kraft and this one finished out at A2 in real life. Every time I added more paint to the hat trying for folds, I really didn't like how that was drying either so, in the end I picked up this scrap of gingham ribbon that was nearby, tied a knot in it and plunked it on the hat. that I like. and I laughed at my self. but, I am more into textiles as embellishments over loose glitter and such. I hope you are all doing well, and If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: