1.31.2018

WOYWW #452 {Backgrounds & Ornaments}

Happy Desk Peeking Day! To play along and or see more
 this hop starts here at our hostess Miss Julia's Blog.

 If you had walked up the stairs after work on Tuesday, plopped down your coffee ( tall grey travel mug, well its got to be 5 am somewhere right?) and pulled your phone out of your pocket to take snap shots this is what you would have found.  I had spent some time Sunday and Monday afternoons heat embossing a few background stamps on some 140# Mixed Media paper and adding some color to the resist with distress oxide inks.

 a closer look to the left. I did jot down notes on the scrap edges of the sheets because, if it takes me a while to use these I will no longer remember the stamp name or ink colors. (true dat)

 and on the right. what you cannot see is how many background stamps that are piled up on the file cabinets to keep going with this project. ( but, the mess I hit my limit so, after these were shot I cleaned) and got a sample done for next weekends Inspiration challenge coming up and then remembered I promised to shoot the snow in the daylight.
 so I grabbed the tree off the coffee table. ( no more ornaments were made since last week but, I have 5 weeks to get this done and the stuffs wrapped)

 This is all three layers of the snowflake dies in an aqua blue shimmer paper with some neenah white.

This one is Neenah white with some silver glimmer paper (the glimmer papers are a pain to cut because, they have this like clear film between the glimmer part and the paper backing ( kind of like foil papers if you know what I mean) so, this one I did poke a lot of those holes in the silver die cut with a needle and sharp scissors. so, I probably wont use the glimmer paper for intricate dies anymore but, it does cut. the sentiment on this one is from Tim Holtz.
So, that's about it for me thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It looks like you've been on a roll with the background stamps. I understand you writing a note to yourself, I have made the mistake of not doing that before. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a lovely woyww and happy crafty week, Angela xXx

glitterandglue said...

Evening Stacy. What a great time you have been having. Good idea to write down what you did! I can never remember. Love the ornaments - they look good.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1