1.13.2018

Inspired by {Uncommon Goods}

Today the Inspiration site was chosen by Angie to head to the Uncommon Goods store. Where I found so many things that would make awesome gifts for people in my life, if only they had not hit their personal clutter limits haha.
So, then I started looking harder at things I could CASE easily as cards and there were quite a few things I have saved. but, the winner for me this week were these real map Hearts. ( see below) 
I fully intended to do mine from vintage maps because, those were the colors I was drawn to most on their choice list and I spent some time Tuesday afternoon poking around for them, ( could not find where i hid them) and found this unopened pack of printed papers from Stampin' Up. ( I am not sure what it's name is but, it has black and cream text papers, maps things like that)
 So I used that Hero Arts infinity heart die to cut a heart from one sheet of the map print and one of a book page print and ( cut them in half) so, there were the drop pieces... and I ended up with two cards. The bases on both of these are Papertrey Ink Vintage cream. the sentiment on the top one was from a Tim Holtz 2017 stamptember set. the inking on the printed papers is Oxide broken china. the square frame is a drop piece from some other previous project. (I'd have to look for the die) and the enameled brad is unknown. ( all of mine are in a canning jar together all mfg's) This one is 5 1/2" square in real life.

This one that sentiment is a two piece die from Technique Tuesday from Ali Edwards handwriting. it was cut eons ago when it was new to me and the base is Kraft, the top was cream but I rubbed some of the broken china on it also to give it that vintage map colors vibe. This one finished out at 4 1/2" X 6" in real life.

Inspired by piece. they use real maps for their art. I thought it was very cool especially because, today is Angie & her hubs Wedding anniversary. I think this could translate into I miss you cards very easily also and may do that somewhere down the road. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacey, what great projects. Loving the way you used the maps. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx