1.20.2018

Inspired by {Frederique Morrel }

Good Morning, its my turn to host the Inspiration Challenge at SplitcoastStampers this week. and I have chosen this online art gallery belonging to Frederique Morrel.
The entire site is filled with mixed media pieces done in various shapes with scenes and pops of color inside of them. Knowing that I fully intended to stamp a plain bunny shape and then build a scene in it haha. and when I started looking at my dies for something else I thought you know, these would work really well since they have the blooms built into them already.  I have been recovering from being ill and feeling a little bit lazy. :)
 
 
 Both of the piece I made were both inspired by the Bonny Bunny form seen below. this one is more focused on the colors and the mixed media more so than the bunny shape it self. that bird is a die from Simon Says stamp called Bird of roses and I cut it from some recollections red glimmer paper. the mixed media behind it was originally a sheet of kraft cardstock that was in the bottom of my ink catcher cardboard box and then it looks like at some point it had some poinsettia's stenciled over that and then some crackle paste over the top. ( sometimes when I want to try something I try it on these sheets. there is nothing to lose right) so, it then sat in my scraps bin on my table since that point. and as I was looking at the IC piece the more I decided the colors would really work for this.

 The finished card, I kept the pop of red, all those greens, the black framing and left it simple.

 This one was done mostly because, I really had it in my head to do a bunny card and then I found this die ( from wild rose studio called bunny love) and just decided OK its going to be real simple but... I like this one. the sentiment is from Hero Arts ( as is the one above) the color was added to the swirls with an aqua brush and that stitched wood grain die is from Lil' Inker Designs. this one is also A2 in real life.


the piece that started it all for me I love the combination of the stitching, the fur, the vibrancy of the reds and so. I hope you enjoyed this and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

How cool is that background for the bird card?? And how it was made! Love it and that bunny card is ADORABLE!