1.27.2018

Inspired by {Needlepoint.com }


So I have had this Unity Stamp set called the other side of fear for a while now and it has never been inked and when I started poking around in the Needlepoint  site I came across this fun Whale wearing a red Santa hat and I thought oh, if you do those flowers red... and it went from there. I  just rubbed some distress oxide inks onto the cardstock with foam pads, colored the whale and ship with markers and then added some shading over the top of it all with pencils and gel pens for sparkle and pop.

 A closer look at the whale, I did try to keep him that green-ish color and I added slashes of water to the "water" part of the card trying for that snowflake effect from the piece. the Bottom of the card is some aqua colored textured paper from Micheal's that kind of looks like some papers I had a long time ago from provo craft. it has an almost fabric feel to touch it. I cut it with a My Favorite Things Homespun stitched lines die and ( used scissors on the top edge to cut it, the die just makes stitching lines)
That's about it for me, we actually woke up to measure able snow this morning and ( it wont last its supposed to rain today) but, it all looks so white and magical at the moment and it's nice to have the time to enjoy it ( that it happened on a weekend) :) thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Kia's Place said...

This is just great Stacy ... such a fun set.

Janice M said...

What a fun little scene you have created!