1.28.2018

Embossing Resist notecards

 This week's featured stamper is Karen and has this neat card that I have admired for a long time in her gallery and I thought well why not... so, changes were the stamps, color and I moved the sentiment down the card and switched out the pearls/pop dots for sheer ribbon. ( all of these cards are A2 in real life. ) For this one I heat embossed the SU fern lace background on some 140# strathmore Mixed Media paper and then scribbled some oxide distress twisted citron and peeled paint over the top. I swiped it with a baby wipe trying to get the clear embossed parts "clearish" again and it felt like it was making the card very pale. The sentiment on this one is from Impression Obsession and has been laying on the table for a while now.

 Same background & embossing powder with some broken china and pistachio oxide inks topped off with an Inkadinkado kid quote sentiment. again just really simple. this one is more like the colors of Karen's card.

 And since the mess had already happened. I ended up making 4 more backgrounds which became these two cards with 2 for the someday pile. this one is Ocean tides with cracked pistachio oxides over the top of some Ranger Verdigris powder. The background on this one is also from SU called fine lace. The sentiment is from Two Lips stamps.

now this was the very last one I tried also with the fine lace background and after I had swiped on some Candied Apple and spiced Marmalade oxides, it really faded into the lawn fawn rose gold embossing powder... so I swiped more ink onto a craft mat and dunked and drug this through the puddles. and wiped it with a baby wipe. and you really cannot see the embossed pattern except when its tilted just right, it lost the contrast. so, I probably won't do it this way again. ( depends on how long it happens before I emboss a pile of backgrounds again, I tend to do a bunch at once and it's very possible I will forget I didn't like this one haha. ) It probably would have been just fine with clear powder. That sentiment is also from Two Lips Stamps.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

You always find the best sentiments! Specially love those last 2. Will have to try some embossed backgrounds don't think I've ever done that?