1.06.2018

Snow Scenes


So, there is a Challenge this week for the ways to use it, to use something "new" and I have this ( its pretty big) Dressed in Snow stamp from Penny Black. ( this was stamped on 5 1/2" and 6" pieces of blue paper) and trimmed a little bit with dies. The Christmas card challenge ( which is more like a goal list) has January with add a silhouette to the scene/card/design... so, I tried most of the bitty deer and critters I have from Hero Arts and most the scale just did not work but, I decided this sledder did. (it's from the Winter Silhouettes set) This I did do in my Misti and inked all the scene's twice. Then I added some simply white nuvo drops (more like sketchy lines) to the tree branches, fence and snowline. and let it dry over night. Then I added some clear wink of stella and after the sledder was stamped on white and cut out with scissors I added a sprinkle of white gel pen to the very bottom of the card for some more texture to the drifting snow. 
 A closer look at that.

 This was actually my first try at this, I need a few Birthday cards this month and hubs likes this one well enough for his dad so... the scene was stamped on thin printed paper for this and I did not want to get it too wet. the sentiment is from the Altenew beautiful inside set. This one I trimmed the scene down with the waffle flower stitched square die.

This one uses up the other half of the bashful blue sheet I had cut for the second (dashing) card and also has the same steps as the others above. They are all 6" square in real life.

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Stacy this is gorgeous
Gr Karin

TLady said...

Hi Stacy! I HAD TO COME OVER to see your card here too! ;) BOTH of your cards are WONDERFUL! I LOOOVE the snow scene! AND that little sledder is cute! ;)