1.18.2018

Kissin' Toads

 The first moment I seen this image go through one of the Penny Black newer release emails, it hit high on my wish list... so, one arrived in the mail last week and I stole some time to color it over the last few days. the frogs, stump, mushrooms are all prisma pencils, the girl's base is copic markers with pencils over the top. tiny bit of white gel pen on the frogs eyes.
when I was done I had to smile, her hair looks a great deal like my auntie Vivian's. :)

The sentiment I stamped and diecut a long time ago, so this particular font in this sentiment is not in my evernote inventory as of yet, so if you recognize it please let me know. I do know that is NOT the one from the old SU set called classic captions, that set that had the Mona Lisa and a Gibson girl with this sentiment had a typewriter font on it. Anyways. the color challenge this week is two shades of pale pink with green and so when I started this it was with the intentions of doing something for that and then all the browns, yellows and orange came along and I tossed that thought out the window. :) thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Cute! And the PERFECT sentiment!