11.01.2022

Watercoloring Acorns

 This week Kia has chosen this tutorial from Nianiani on painting Acorns That you can find here on YouTube. I watched it, I loved the colors. Knew I did not have the same colors and that I was short on time so, I decided to dig out this Colorado Craft Company called oak leaves and acorns. Its a huge stamp on a 6" square sheet so, I knew there would be room for the paint to flow. 


So, I had thought ( ha ha did not look) that I had an "acorn" versafine on the table and it turns out it was "pinecone" so the main image was stamped with pinecone and the smaller acorns and small leaf cluster were masked in with some "acorn" on Arches hot press wc paper.

Just guessing on colors, this was first layer of paints wet.

Second layer, tried adding in more veins to the leaves with some fray to them. 

Put another layer of paint over the top of the whole thing more or less and then decided to toss on some splatters for the heck of it. 

Yep, more paint a few shadows more splatters. took the tape off seen that the top had leaked So, I ended up trimming it down close to the painted edge and that made it a little more not quite square in real life as it was going onto the card front. Decided I liked this tilt to the cluster and added a little more shadows. ( I had been spinning the taped down piece as I painted it to keep my hand out of the wet paint)

Tied on some natural hemp string and an very old Stampin' Up sentiment from the small script set on some Neenah earthstone with falling leaves ink and die cut with a Spellbinders framed tags 1 die. there is a foam pop dot under the tag so it does not dangle or move on the card front. The base here is some textured Bazzill. That's about it from me, hope you all are doing well. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.








1 comment:

Bazzle Balloon Decoration | Customized Balloons said...

Amazing article If you are looking for balloon bouquets, then you are in the right place. We provide customized balloons designs and arrangements with fresh flowers, blooms and roses for all occasions.