10.31.2022

November Dirty Dozen Christmas Card

 Can you already believe we are sharing November prompts for the Dirty Dozen Christmas card challenge? I have no clue where this year has gone. I cannot tell you what the challenge is but, I can tell you what I did. So, I started with a scrap of Arches hot press and very lightly drew an arch for the tree to be bent and sagging and then attempted to draw the two by fours base. that is where the sketching went sideways for me.


First layer of paints, I decided to make the bulb Red. I cannot remember what color it was originally but, the tree skirt I remember as being the blanket Linus carried and I think it was blue. 

and then I added another layer of paint trying for some detailing, a few shadows. added red and blue to the shadows. and I may have added more paint after this shot. ( cannot remember now) but, it finished out looking like this below.


I decided I really did not like the base I sketched so, I mostly covered that up with a reverse print sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp. The card base here is an A2 one from the brand of paper that is from Hobby Lobby. ( mind just went blank sorry) and that was all she wrote. I hope you all are doing well. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge prompt here inside the special forums set aside for fan club members at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: