11.25.2022

Inspired by Colorful Images

 This week Amy has shared with us the Colorful Images site & Pinterest boards and as soon as I seen this address label my brain said. "Lee has a Pink Trio challenge for VSN.." so, I changed the colors. and I also made it a little more clean and simple with only one dramatic bloom.


I had received this Memory Box Poinsettia watercolor floral die in the mail not too long ago and decided to cut it out from Arches hot press watercolor paper. I did have to use a metal shim to get the whole pieces to cut out since it is just one die with intricate detailing. And then I decided since they are calling it a "watercolor" die, I decided to do just that. this is first layer of Daniel smith paints drying


Second layer of paints which when really dry needed more to get some contrast between the layers so, the finished one below has more paint on it.

This only has glue dots in the center of all those layers so the edge pieces are free floating and it gives it fun depth and shadows. 

The cardbase on this is some Stampin' Up blushing bride cut to standard slimline size 4" X 9" and the plaid here is an scrap from a really old piece of Basic Grey paper. The sentiment Creative Expressions snowman kisses was stamped on a scrap of Neenah earthstone with Versafine nocturn and die cut with a Trinity Stamps mini slimline die. The ribbon here is maybe offray or maybe generic Joanns ( not sure anymore there is not much left of it) So, its probably hard to see since I think the colors are so similar but, I do think I managed to squeak in at least 3 shades of pink here. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find these challenges here & here. hope you are doing well & thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Kia's Place said...

When I saw this on SCS I had to come and read all about it. This is such a stunning card Stacy. It has it all, glamour, design, colours - a beauty and one of the nicest Christmas cards I have seen this year. Thank you for that!
Hugs, Kia