11.04.2022

Inspired by {Wescover}

 This week Julie has shared with us the Wescover site and I happened across this Ronald Hunter painting that I loved the colors of with the distressed looking edges. I decided this would work beautifully for  a Christmas card.

So, then I started looking at my new to me Christmas stamps and stamped off this Hampton Arts cardinal on a pine branch with some Versafine morning mist on Arches hot press watercolor paper and painted it with Dainel Smith watercolors.


This is a first layer of paints and what the stamp looks like in real life. I had changed the cape and hat colors to shades of turquoise with a bit of yellow in the plaid print. at this point after I had looked at this photo in my phone I realized the bird should be looking up not down so I was glad I had some wiggle room with the white space around her.

I the largest die in the waffle flower nested curved rectangles set to cut this and have the chick be looking up. The sentiment here is from the waffle flower Cozy holiday sentiments set, that totally looks like the font Rae Dunn uses on her mugs. ( no clue what that font's real name is) but, I think of it as Rae Dunn ha ha. Added a bit more paint for shading and a white dot of Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white on the eye. The red ribbon here is the real red one that comes in a pack with the garden green ribbon from SU. and the striped paper was from the scrap bin. The base of this card is Gina K. Fresh Asparagus cut to finish out at A6 in real life.  If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoastampers. That's about it from me, hope you are all doing well & Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: