11.11.2022

Inspired by { Indigo!}

 This week Kia has chosen Indigo as the destination for inspiration this weekend at Splitcoaststampers and I found these salt box house ornaments that I swooned over. and I thought, those would make awesome tags. 

So I had a pile of left over scraps of strathmore 400 series watercolor paper from the pumpkin adventure and I decided to use some of that with the idea here as I wanted to paint the edges. ( this is just left over browns that were on the palette from Daniel smith paints) the thing with that paper is it just resists the paint rather than letting it flow across it like cotton paper does so, the lines are not so smooth but, for the primitive aspect of the design I am thinking it works. 

After the homes were dry I found some off white tags that had been previously cut from scraps in the bin and used some May Arts burlap string for the holes on them. All the homes are up on foam pop dots.

The scallop edge square tags are a die from Papertrey ink tag sale quilted die, the smooth rounded top large tags are from the Ellen Hutson tag trio die set, the long skinny tag on the bottom right is from the My Favorite Things tall tag duo and the skinny tag on the lower left is from the Sizzix XL Library pocket by Brenda Walton. the sentiment here is from the Hero Arts Holly Berries set, the ones where the sentiment was not stamped directly with the Avery Elle kraft pigment ink those were die cut with a Spellbinders die. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. That's about if from me, I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: