11.18.2022

Inspired by { Back Yard Boss }

 Sometimes we look for things to use when we host these challenges way in advance. That makes sense right? last time I was gathering sites together for my next bunch of challenges I had happened across something offered up by Back Yard Boss. and I thought oh, something not seasonal  yay. lol and then I had found this shot of the people roasting marshmallows at night and thought, you have a smores stamp. and off in left field this stamp happened. 


 A while back I had been stamping this Darcie's Snowman Smores with cup of Marshmallows stamp for Janice on some Neenah solar white and this is a pretty big wood block stamp, it didn't stamp all the way. so I had set this one aside as salvagable but, I tend to not mail out ones that are not perfect right? So, I decided to paint him with some Daniel Smith paints that were on the palette and used a tiny brush with black on the parts where there were no black lines later. 

  There is also some crystal stickles on the holly on the hat, the marshmallows on the cup and the decorated tree on the cup. 


My Rae Dunn Christmas mugs are out now and so, I had played with this sentiment set recently for something else and it was also laying on the table and I picked this one knowing it would fit on the tag ( Mama Elephant tags a lot die) if I made him tilted. So, after a while I considered running that tag through an embossing folder or adding some printed paper to it partially at the bottom and one of the pads I flipped through was this Kasier Kraft one called wonderland and the pre printed borders and tags in the back caught my eye. I have as far as I know never played with these things. I had assumed they were stickers ha ha. so, that tag at the top is from that pad. (it's not very heavy paper but, stiff enough to stand straight) I tied it on with some black hemp string and pulled a few cream, off white fibers through the hole. that hole re-enforcer is from the same Mama Elephant set. 

And it's one of those truly an "inspired by" rather than a CASE ( copy and share everything) type projects.  If you'd like to see what jumps out at you from this challenge you can find it here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. I hope you all are doing well, Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

This marshmallow snowman is just the cutest! Does he realize he is going to be squished and eaten momentarily??!!

Jennifrann said...

I love how this tag came to be--sounds very much like any morning in my craft room. It's so fun to see where our craft supplies take us!