11.23.2022

Watercoloring Christmas Baubles

 This week Linda has shared a video from Sandy Allnock on painting a clear bauble around a stamped critter tutorial seen here on YouTube. 


So, it starts out with stamp a critter and then use something to draw your ornament shape. I started out using this roll of ribbon as it was nearby but, it was too large so, I dug out this SSS die and that worked fine so I did erase the larger circle. 


So, I painted a layer around the snowmen buddies ( Penny Black) and then added the masking fluid and it wanted to run and spread SO, the next one, I added the masking fluid first and walked away from them.

Like so, I was not real sure how big to make them as these snowmen are pretty small in real life and I did not want the greenery to overwhelm them. 


first rounds of paint drying, this was one of those things that makes it obvious when you reach for a brush you do not practice with ha ha. 


more paint & water, and the next few images same deal. It took me a few layers before I liked what I was seeing. colors were OK but, the streaky look was not what I wanted.

and so

I added some greenery here and since I had removed the masking fluid before that, I pretty much painted over the highlights I had on the hanger piece. 


After the tape was removed, I did trim down the white edges and then ran an open pair of scissors around the edges. Cut a sheet of Pistachio Cardstock and added a sentiment.

To the bottom edge and decided I wanted them to be on an angle like so. And then tuesday happened. and this is the shot that made it into the gallery as I did not have a single moment to finish them tuesday before it went live.

Today I decided to just glue them as is and call it good enough. I had contemplated adding foam tape under them or maybe fibers or sparkle and it was just nope, they will have to do. This did point out to me that I could not remember how to do holly which is fairly funny as I have so many holly stamps. ( its not the same to color something as it is to create it and then color it) as much as I would like it to be. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at SCS. I hope you are all doing well & have a beautiful Thanksgiving with your families. Thanks for stopping by.






No comments: