11.12.2022

Watercoloring older Christmas Stamps

 This week Jessica is the featured stamper at SCS and I came across this sweet house mouse card she did, I loved every detail from the ribbon wraps to the vibrant fabric looking background. 

So, I knew I wanted to do something Christmas, and I decided to keep the Santa theme, the square and try for some fabric look with less layers for mine.

So, I stamped off this Penny Black Christmas Twosome stamp with Versafine on hot press Arches watercolor paper and started adding layers of paints to it last Sunday. and I did go back and glaze more over the top as the days went by as drying times are really long now here. We seemed to have jumped from summer straight into winter without much of a "fall" there are leaves on the trees here and snow on the ground. eventually I decided that if I was going to actually complete the card during her week I'd have to step on it and finish tinkering so, I used this Paper Rose lots of squares die with the Cross stitched frame to cut it and I had forgotten that the you know center drop piece was going to cut, and I could not really see through the metal frame so, I was trying to eyeball the edge of the painting to have it cut into the blue on three sides but, I managed to just get it off set mostly to the right. And I decided to tape the piece back together on the back side and put this up on foam pop dots over a X stitched looking printed paper from Tim Holtz from a few years ago.



The ribbon here is really 3-D in person you can feel every one of those little puffs of white stitching on it. The tag is from the sweet n sassy mini tags die set and the Joy is from the Hero Arts Hero greetings Christmas messages set. The base on this one is SU cherry cobbler and its 5 1/2" in real life. I am mostly pretty tickled with how this turned out, I wish I could have gotten the beards to be a little less brown and more of a creamy primitive muslin color but, it's still cute and I will send it out. 

And then Angie threw down a "Peace" challenge for the free for all this week yesterday and I decided to go simpler as I was hoping to do just one layer of paints.

So, I stamped this Penny Black Silent night on some Arches hot press and did do a layer of Paints with a few more drips dropped in while it was drying trying for a looser look as the city did not stamp perfectly for me in the centers. when it was dry I cut it with a Spellbinders square die and then used a micron pen along the edge of the square to mimic what frames the scene. The sentiment here is from the really old Stampin' Up Heaven & Nature set. the printed paper is from Moda Scrap and the base here is some textured sundance felt in bright white. this one is also 5 1/2" square and flat in real life. So, that's about it from me so far. I am hoping to you know paint all the things and play in the coffee hop. I do have one drying from last night but, the sun is not up here yet. I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: