11.21.2022

Pair of Simple Trees

 So, I am cleaning my room. ( kinda, sorta, halfheartedly) and one of the piles I am shifting through is a stack of images I stamped off intending to color. and these two trees were "saved" and not tossed immediately for being not complete images because, they were stamped on cheap watercolor paper over a year ago. they were "almost" and I told my self, its WC paper, just get it wet and fix them...

I had seen these in the pile before I started looking at this week's Featured Stampers gallery and then I came across this blinged out tree in Sarah's gallery and I thought you could work with that. ( you always need to make change to their design anyways)

A closer look at the tree on the right. there is a bit of clear stickles glitter glue in between the red & gold watercolor bulbs here in the garland and at the top. the gold paint is iridescent in real life. ( so, these have some shimmer)

The tree's here are from Penny Black called Tannenbaum and it was stamped with some I thought this old post was going to give me the ink color name but, I had done other tree's that stamped completely at that time and its either Versafine or Distress Oxides. I didn't really get the tree all that wet adding the garlands to them so, it could be an Distress color. The edges of these panels were chopped in a Tim Holtz deckle edge trimmer and then I did add some Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina & Speckled egg to those cuts for a visual layer. The sentiment here is from the Waffle Flower cozy holiday sentiments set because, I just cannot put it away yet. The card bases here are pre-made ones found at Hobby Lobby and these are A6 in real life. That's about it from me, I hope you are all continuing to do well. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: