11.15.2022

Watercoloring a Berry Branch

 This week Brenda has shared with us this video from MarenaArt  Renata Tot Ivezic on doing both a Christmas Baubles card sized painting and a berry branch. I chose to do the berry branch painting. and I have to tell you I love how this turned out. 


So, I started out sketching my branches and berries to be peeking into the scene from the top left corner. which is not all that easy to see. 


First layer of paints drying. this is Daniel Smith & Windsor Newton (red) with some Dr. PH. Martins bleed proof white. 


I did add a little more paint and a lot more water to the bottom right corner as it had dried the first time with hard lines. I did add a little more definition to the shadows on the berries and lots more splatters. I forgot to erase the pencil marks. which I will do after seeing this photograph ha ha. This one is 6" square in real life on some Textured bazzill. The sentiment here is from the Papertrey Ink inside sentiments peace. I did stamp that with some versafine clair nocturn in the misti as the white tends to dry with texture to it, and I figured there were some splatters in that bottom corner that would need multiple inkings. I hope you all are doing well, Thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS .

No comments: