12.08.2021

WOYWW #653 {to be continued}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So, the amount of things that have been "put away" has not changed much from last week, I still have things everywhere and I had picked up the lazy susan off the closet floor and stuck in on to the desk top towards the center left and I am not liking it there, it blocks the meager amount of light coming in through the window during the day on the weekends. I know when I bough this it was a two piece thing and I screwed it together so, you can you know remove the top thing and use it as a separate tray. ( I may just do that to cut the height down) A more interesting view of the desk may have happened on Tuesday nights post as it was one where I was taking photos of those loose flowers that had been painted for this week's Wednesday watercoloring challenge. (you can see that post here)
 The truth is I probably have enough Christmas cards done to get mine ready to go in the mail but, I am actually in the mood to make some so, I have been when time allows making more cards rather than writing on the ones I have to send them out. 

A closer look at the recent eBay loot that has arrived.  the long tall one is from Stamps Happen called an angels work, the top snoopy stamp is an stampabilities one called operation Bowl and the one below it is called thinking of cookies. the sentiment is from Diamonds ( its hard to see) but it reads "you're not getting any younger step on it" I think I will use it with that couple from Art Impressions on the bike. ( the older couple with the dog that the perspective of them driving through the windshield from Diamonds has been on my wish list for a long long time, so far it has also been obscenely priced this last year but, maybe someday I will get lucky and I think that sentiment will work with them too.) :)
 The time  has been even tighter this week, my friend at work is doing local Jury duty and my husband has Federal Jury duty next week ( 80+ miles away) so, I took him with me yesterday to get the ice so we could find parking for his ( full sized truck) near that court house and such during the daylight, as for him to be there at 8AM it will be full dark out for the whole traveling there and back thing. The fairly good news about that is, if he is picked for a trial they usually only last a week according to the paperwork. so cross your fingers. 
We are hoping to start decorating for Christmas this weekend, I am actually looking forward to it this year again. That's about it from me, stay safe out there & thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, nearly misses you as I hadn't managed to pop back till now. Hope the Jury service goes okay and doesn't drag out too long. I should have been doing one at the Crown court last year but they let me off as I'm a registered carer for my mum and some of the trials can really drag on. It's interesting what you said about having enough cards but in the mood to make more as I often find that once I get going it's worth making a few extra ready for next year. I think it's once you get going you think of other ideas for them. Have a lovely belated woyww and thanks for the visit to mine, Angela x10x

Julia Dunnit said...

Golly, that jury duty commute is quite something! Important though, so I hope it all goes smoothly. Isn’t it funny how now time is getting on, you’re in the mood to make Christmas cards…I find this too, but have now made so many that I have to resist! We’ve just started decorating and I’m determined to enjoy it and do it at leisure. Funnily enough, we’re away this weekend and I plan to get it all done by next Wednesday so I can relax a bit and do some baking. I will keep your ambition for that diamond stamp in my mind, I’ve fallen into browsing eBay Uk for stamps since I’ve seen how well you do!

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope your Hubby's jury duty doesn't last too long Stacy. The latest stamps look cool. Thanks for your visit or I might have missed seeing you. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

hope hubby's jury duty is over quick, that's a long way to drive! I hope I have enough cards (I have mailed the ones that need to go) I am over making them this year!! Love the new stamps. Helen #1

Spyder said...

I do like a good stamp! usually fall back on my old favourites! ut have promised some of the stamps I've never use will get a look in this year...(I'm such a fibber) Sorry I'm so late...Happy Sunday! Happy late WOYWW!? and stay safe!((Lyn))#13