12.04.2021

Inspired by { Touch of Class }

 This week we are taking a look at the touch of class store & pinterest boards and I came across something called a "Cardinal Globe" ( It looked like this, in fact just like this) but, what I found is they are one of those stores that when something sells out the photograph goes POOF from their store and their pinterest boards...


So, I decided that I could recreate something similar fairly easily and to make a change I decided to go slim line view with it. and the first time I seen those globes I thought they were on falling snow. So I grabbed an Anna Griffin slimline snowflake folder and used it on some Papertrey ink cardstock vellum. the frame here is some Neenah solar white that was cut with an Spellbinders classic flutted rectangle die. and those dies are kind of pale copper color, so it left a little bit of that color behind in all the cuts it made. The bird here was a free gift from Simon Says Stamp / Tim Holtz last year during die-cember and I cut it with some Arches watercolor paper ( cold press) the branches ( same paper ) are from the Penny Black set called Nestled. I did cut the end piece off one of the other branches to give the feet somewhere a little more horizontal to perch. The sentiment here is a really old one from Hero Arts. These were colored with Daniel smith paints. I decided the snow needed a little something so there is some white opal liquid pearls and crystal stickles in a few of the snow flakes.

And since I was cutting up paper to do this, I just did two at the same time. This one only got one branch and the sentiment here is from the Altenew Holiday wishes set. both of these birds have the tiniest black pearls from recollections in the space for the eyes. ( which since I lowered the exposure so you could see the texture of the snow it really blends in with the black mask of the face) These are both 4" x 9" in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.


No comments: