12.21.2021

Watercoloring along with "Easy" Christmas Snowflakes

 This week it is my turn to host the Watercoloring tutorial challenge at Splitcoaststampers. And its also the only time of the year I need multiples of things to hold gift cards ( for people who open them in front of each other at work sometimes, its better to have all the wrappers the same) 

So, when I came across this one with the country looking snow, I thought oh, good it will be easy to do a bunch of them. hahahahaha. ( someone one should smack me when I have that thought) :) I started off following the directions, as far as colors of paint went. and I did use my cheap paper which happens to be Strathmore 400 series cold press.



 and it faded as it tends to do as it dries

and one thing that caught my attention is in her video she mentions you can IRON the paper flat, and I was like Ooh cool. So, I tried that.

 


If you'll note to the back of this shot, mine curled right up after being pressed. So, what I am thinking here is its probably 100% cotton paper that can be pressed flat again. 

I had the bright idea to run these through the big shot with this die and I then I was like ok now what you no longer have a white space. So I cut some PTI blue cardstock to be a mat for these and I did not like that much easier so, I used some white foam tape to adhere them to white card bases and used the cut blue paper to cut Snowflakes from the stitched snow set from Lawn Fawn.

And then I cut the Joyful word die ( Simon Says Stamp) from some white and glued that over the large snow. The painted pieces became one of a kind background art for the diecuts here. And as far as I know the people who received them at work enjoyed them. and I made a couple of extra's that Maybe will become Christmas thank you notes. That's about it from me, You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.




 


1 comment:

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

I wonder if it would have dried flatter if the edges had been taped down? Your cards are so pretty! :)