12.14.2021

Watercoloring a Starry Snowscape scene

 This week Angie has shared this really cool video on Youtube seen here for doing this quick scenes, I just love this and want to do more of them. but, so far I have only done just this one. 


A look at it drying with the brushes (the detail one is from this set here) (it's like painting with an eyelash ha ha)  I had used for this. I did use the white crayon to trace the circle with my empty ceramic water holder Margaret made for me. and I did actually pick the dang thing up while I was tracing so, it was probably a comical sight to see me trying to eyeball that white crayon on the paper to see where to place it to complete the circle ha ha.the slopes were done with a pencil.


A closer look at the painting I had intended to use a white gel pen to do sparkling stars in the sky but, I forgot. This is all Daniel Smith watercolors on Arches 100% cotton cold press paper with some windsor & newton white gouache.

The mat on this is Bazzill, and the base is some shoot I forgot, ( some affordable and slightly lighter weight than Bazzill textured cardstock I picked up in Minnesota at a discount retailer there a few years ago now) The watercolor paper was cut with an waffle flower lacy squares die because, I just love how stitched edges look on things. I did not put a sentiment on this one as of yet because, I have not decided who it is going to be for. ( yes, I am still making Christmas cards and no, I still have not mailed a single one yet) Oops. Hopefully soon, I need to get the packages ready to go out in the mail tomorrow. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: