12.17.2021

Inspired by { Emerlyn's Closet}

 Not too long ago I was doing a search for something and I stumbled across a thing called free cell phone wall paper, I guess its a thing. The art on the one I seen caught my eye as it was a tall skinny design and I thought oh, that would work as a tag. So, this week we are taking a look at a blog / Pinterest board of someone who has gathered some of the wall paper images together. This is not something I have ever actually done, saved these things. The one I kept coming back to was this one, I love the colors. That being said I tend to create tags using up things laying around and scraps so the first trial tag didn't look much like the Inspired piece and I ended up giving it a second go.

This version uses lots of scraps the tag it self is an Spellbinders Shorties tag die, the Deer is from Penny Black, the tree is from Taylored Expressions. the eye on the deer is an tiny black pearl from Recollections. I just cut some sparkle mulberry paper for the snow bank. The round tag was cut with a Sizzix tags and words die and the stitched J on it is from My Favorite Things. (it is missing the tiny pops of red) and probably has too much white. 

A closer look at the deer stamp from Inkadinkado. ( this was a gift from my son for my birthday this year) and I've had it out on the wall like art so I could remember to use it. I stamped this with some Pinecone ink on some old Basic Grey printed paper that had a little bit of Distress Oxide speckled egg o the edges. I did end up going over the tree's with some Daniel Smith watercolors and then the eye I had inked with a white gel pen but, later in the process I had splattered some White Gouache on the whole tag ( the trees on the edges were done with paint) it really faded so, I did more paint and more white gel pen on the eye but, it really lost its detailed definition along the way. )


Both the printed paper layer and the Gina K Kraft layer under it were cut with a Sizzix Tim Holtz tag & book plate die ( which is an Size 8 shipping tag in real life) the tiny tag on the top ( I forgot) the Joy on it is from the Hero Arts Hero Greetings Christmas messages set, the sheer ribbon is unknown and the iridescent cord is from May Arts. It is nearly impossible to see but, there is an Stitched T diecut from some very pale shimmery Diecuts with a view cardstock in the lower right corner on this tag front. That's about it from me. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: