12.28.2021

Watercoloring Vignettes

 This week Brenda has us taking a look at a tutorial on painting Vignettes on little 3X3 sized pieces. So, since I need Christmas gift thank you cards and the mountain scene really caught my attention I started with that one and did it 3 times before I was really happy with the color flow. 


 I figured since these were so small that I probably did not need to tape them down but, I also knew since I was going to free hand the whole things that I would do more than once at once and wanted to be able to move them out of the way. so, the one on the left was first the one on the top right was second and the bottom right was the third. This was first round of paint on them.


I did add just a tiny bit more glazed paint over the shadows on the two I was not really happy with and the trees before I decided to quit before I could not use them at all. The one on the left and lower right the painted panels are up on foam tape.


I had intended to have this be an counter sunk looking diecut look for the framing but, the opening inside this square blanket stitched die was just a hair too big to totally cover all four sides of the watercolor paper the way I wanted it to. This particular version is flat. I have forgotten who makes the Thank you sentiment stamp. It reminds me of the one in the all holidays set from Stampin' Up! without the brackets but, I really do not know. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

stampingbowd said...

Wow! All three are exquisite! Beautifully painted and beautifully framed!