12.11.2019

WOYWW #549 {card possiblities}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW





So, this where I walked away on tuesday evening from pushing bits and pieces around. I had such a mess going on Saturday night of things I had cut up to use and or things from out of that metal bucket that's in the foreground you can't see from this angle. ( I made something like 20 some odd simple Christmas cards and most of them can be seen in the post before this one) Behind the glass mat are other piles, the rest of the what has been cut up from the snowman dies ( IO new this year ones) and maybe some of the other things from before that too. the large snow. I actually DID glue those nativity die cuts to the printed papers, I decided Julia was right and I was just over thinking the whole thing. (that happens frequently) and I am still making cards, not because I need more just because, the mojo to do so is here.
And nope, I still have not addressed a single envelope. I do not possess that lets write as much in the cards gene as I did 20 years ago. now, after I write in a handful of them I am holding my hands and whimpering. Card making does not make me feel like that as of yet, its holding a pen for a while as I am a have a death grip on it person. 
Can you belive in 2 weeks it will be Christmas? where does the time go? I dug out my old Instax camera hubs and J gave me 5 years ago when I did december daily for the first time ( have not done it since) but, this year I have found my self taking shots and jotting notes. I don't have one of those already prepared albums going on, its more of a wad and stuff and shuffle thing. I never got into the pocket scrapping, I like the idea of it though and bought a drawers worth of the bits and pieces to play with and I am having fun sorting through it. 
That's about it from me, I will be driving all day for work today and will play catch up in the next few days thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Caro said...

Nice Christmassy looking desk this week. Have fun playing with your pocket scrapbooking supplies! Happy WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#11)

Helen said...

My mum always used to write letters with her Christmas cards, I did it to one or two people occasionally but haven't for a long time! it's enough to do the cards. Enjoy your goodies Helen #1

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. I confess I write a computerised letter to go in my Christmas cards. I include photos, print it off, and folks get to know what I'm up to, plus keep up with the family. I also confess to being a Christmas-a-holic, so none of it is arduous for me. Sad aren't I?
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm with you and no I can't believe there are only two weeks to Christmas, I seem to have lost a month somewhere. I think it's great to write a letter with your card but I just never seem to find the time, maybe I should start in January and write a bit each month. Wishing you a happy woyww, Angela X13X

Julia Dunnit said...

I don’t know how you fit it all in anyway Stacey without adding the card making and writing into the mix! My daughter has that same problem, her death grip means that her writing gets smaller and smaller and tighter looking too. A primary school teacher advised us to buy nice chubby pens and pencils and even a grip thing....just increasing the girth of the pen made a helpful difference. Mind, there’s no help with writing the cards...it really is a it of a chore compared to the joy of making...I don’t write much in mine and do them in short bursts!! Your desk from this angle is looking a bit tidy, it’s that TH mat, makes you want to keep it uncluttered!!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacey, I seem to recall seeing pens/pencils advertised with some sort of larger soft grip portion to help with this sort of problem. Might be worth a Google search? I must admit I only stamp a greeting inside, then add the To & From. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 X